If you read my facebook updates, you may already know this, but for others who don't I figured I would post it on the blog as well.
On Tuesday night, we found out that Bobbie's husband, Gary, killed himself while on duty in Oregon. Gary was serving in the Navy, and two naval officers arrived at my mom's house (the last address they had for my sister) and said they'd found his body.
Bobbie and Gary were separated when this happened, but they had been amicable, and he wanted Bobbie to stay on his insurance etc. He was a good, kind and sweet man, and a part of our family, no matter what.
Gary was my brother, and my friend. I will never forget his kindness, his sense of humor, and his willingness to go the extra mile for someone he barely knew. He will be greatly missed very dearly by myself and my family.
Gary had a daughter from a previous marriage, who is 8 years old. Please pray for her, and for Gary's mother in this sad and dark time for them especially. To lose a father I understand, and mourn for Alyssa. To lose a child so young, I cannot imagine.
I'll be spending most of the week with my sister, who is flying home for the funeral. I'm glad to see her, but heartbroken over the circumstances. Cards for Bobbie would be very much appreciated, she is taking this very hard, as to be expected. Any cards or well wishes for Bobbie can be sent to:
Bobbie Wood c/o Tracy Mutter
3665 S. Centennial Rd.
Magna, UT 84044
Gary's funeral is scheduled for January 7th. It will be held in Bountiful at 11am, the viewing will be from 9:30 to 10:30. It will be at 3599 S.Orchard Drive.
Thank you all for the kind words and acts of service we have already received. Thank you for your kindness and your prayers. God Bless.

No comments:
Post a Comment