
So yesterday I was bored.
Because this is a holiday week, everyone keeps skipping out early, if they come in at all. And about 3 pm yesterday, this left me with nothing to do. So I read back some of Becca's blogs (Becca I have the hardest time not writing Bekah now. Its like my fingers are mutinous...) and my old blogs.
And I thought of something. You know, when you get married and have a family, you start to lose little pieces of yourself. You get married, and there goes a chunk. You have a baby and there goes another chunk. Bills, rent, mortgages, a real job... chunk after chunk falls off and goes by the wayside. (Oddly enough all of those things will make you GAIN chunks all over your body!!)
I'm getting off track a little, but what I'm saying is, you get to the other side of that stress, that frenzy, and start to wonder where you went. Things finally start to settle down, the bills get manageable, your job is nice, your kid is a little older, and you settle into a lovely relationship with your spouse, and suddenly you see this giant gaping hole in yourself. Where the f*** did that come from?
I personally believe that's the point in a relationship when things can really go south. You can start blaming this other person because you don't fish anymore, or you don't have time to camp, or draw or whatever. Or you can turn it around on yourself and say "Hey, self, I want to start doing (insert whatever here) again. Let's make this a priority and find ways to bring this back into our life." Of course you do need support from those around you, but really, its up to you to bring it back.
Ok I've been ranting on and on and really just circling around what I'm thinking. I really miss writing. And though I don't have time to take any classes right now, I'd like to start doing it again. Even just recreational blogging about my life.
SO, to get down to the meat of this post, this bloggy is going to diversify a little bit. I'm tired of the Family Picture + caption format, and want to open up again. So prepare thyselves.
I will warn you now, those of you who have not previously read my old blogs, that I can be dark, sarcastic, opinionated and pushy. But I figure this is my space on the interwebz, and I can be me here. I won't swear, but I might offend you.
Comments are loved. So are insults, harrassements and any other thing that lets me know people read. I love you all, and I hope you're ready. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment