It. Is. Hot.
I can't believe we're not even into July yet, and we're already dying at my house. This year I was totally excited that our Landlord was going to get our A/C up and running in early June! No hot days of suffering this year! Last year we moved in on the 28th of June, and he didn't get our A/C up and running until the 4th of July... one week of torture (that included moving! BAH!).
Well this year he comes the second week in June, goes up on our roof aaaand..... It needs to be replaced. Last year the pump went out, and he replaced that, but it kept spewing little bits of rust and such at us every time it turned on. I didn't mind much, just had to vacuum more... but yeah it wasn't fantastic. So he opened it up to address that problem, and the whole thing was rusted out. Plus the motor was dead this year. His decision: rip it out, replace it and the duct work from the roof to our hallway.
Amid this he's having family crises and working overtime, I was really ok with it because the weather was staying cool. Well early this week he was back, working on it and all. He's replaced some things, ordered new duct, but now he has to go to Idaho, and I dunno when he'll be back to finish it. I'm DYING. Last summer I wasn't pregnant... I could just deal with it, eat a popsicle and chill with Bekah in the back yard... but this year its much hotter and harder on me.
Last night it was 90 degrees in my house. So hot that the garbage turned funky in record time (brand new back with three things in it) and a cup of milk on the table went from milk to cheese in about two hours. Yech!
I really really really hope he gets to it this weekend... he's such a busy guy and I don't blame him, we just keep running into obstacles between me and my cool comfy house.
Can't think of an update besides that... I'm hot!
1 comment:
I feel the pain... especially the last few days :( we only have a swamp cooler (disease germination chamber)and we've been keeping it off because baby miles is sick... im fricking dying.. its cooler outside!
Post a Comment