
I'd like to take a moment from the family blog, and type a little thought of my own.
Today is one of those days, that when I'm old I'll be able to say I was there. My mother always talked about watching the moon landing, my Grandma about President Kennedy being assassinated. I had teachers who reminisced about wars starting and ending, police states and famous words.
When I was 15, two planes crashed into the World Trade Centers. Just after my 16th birthday we started a war that we are still in today. I remember the numb shock as I watched that happen, and I thought... someday this will be in history books. This tragedy will be documented and honored, and I will remember where I sat the day the towers fell.
Today, I'm finding myself feel similar feelings. Today, the world is changing. When Barak Obama came up with the slogan "Change" for his campaign, he didn't realize how that would rally people, or just how much change he was going to cause.
Tonight, as I watch the first black man in history be sworn in as President of my Country, I know I feel pride, joy and excitement for the years to come. I have great hope that this man can repair the divisive anger that this country has recently become so infected with. I have so much faith in this man I've never met.
This day, history's book is starting a new chapter.
God Bless America.
No comments:
Post a Comment